- This event has passed.
One Crisis Away
February 8 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Faith in Texas is organizing to revolutionize what it means to love our neighbors because our faith requires action. We believe that to do so is to confront the root causes of the pain right in our backyard. The housing epidemic in North Texas is at the center of too many burdens keeping us living in, or on the edge of, crisis. But we can do something about it!
Are you or anyone you know:
- living paycheck to paycheck
- Forced to decide between school supplies and groceries,
- Regularly forced to move further and further away,
- Unable to find somewhere to live near jobs you want,
- struggling to make loan payments,
- one crisis away from homelessness?
Join us as we hear from those at the forefront of the fight for affordable housing and learn what steps we can take to move beyond quick fixes to instead address the root of the injustices causing these problems. Together we have the power to implement sustainable long-term change and better love our neighbors as our faith commands us to do.